So it's been a pretty busy couple of weeks around the deBoer household between both of us working full time and preparing for baby to come! But, I feel ready now. I mean as ready as a couple can be for their lives to change FOREVER. :P Luckily we've had some fun in there too! Last Friday Brian and Heidi Peterson got into town, and we were privileged enough to have supper with them! They came to see our home for the first time and then we went to Austin's, a local bar & grill. We had a great time, and so much fun watching Ariana, their beautiful daughter. She is so full of energy!! On the way home I questioned if we'd have the energy to keep up with a child like that - I'm sure with this little girl having Darron as a father, there's no chance of her not being full of energy! But, I've heard we'll adapt - I sure hope so!! :P
Darron had to go out of town for work, so we all crossed our fingers (and I crossed my legs) and we all hoped little girl wouldn't decide to make her grand entrance while daddy was 6 hours away! Luckily she didn't (...and we're still waiting...). So, on Tuesday night Heidi and I had some girl time, just us, at Cracker Barrel (since I was craving breakfast food). It was wonderful to catch up and talk about mommy stuff. Wait...what did we talk about before?? Our little girl isn't even here yet and she's all I can talk about! :P Anyways, it was all much needed time with dear friends/cousins (that are more like siblings), that we dearly miss when they are at home in North Carolina! I'm glad we got to see them between their family visits and Marysville Convention!
This weekend I got a burst of energy and cleaned - all of the dishes, the kitchen, straightened our room a bit, did all my laundry, and with Darron's help finished the baby's room. He busied himself with fixing the brakes on his truck, helping me and mowing & trimming the lawn. It was great to get it all done, but we paid for it today! I didn't feel up to going to meeting, so we sat and listened to the meetings at Clever Convention through Skype. I'm so thankful for those that made it possible for us to do that. It was very special to "be there." It was so great to hear familiar voices too!
Well I suppose y'all are wanting to see some pictures...why else would you come and read my blabbering? :P Here ya go...
Oh, are those not the ones you were wanting to see? Silly me...
There's a couple of things that will come after she's born...but for now...I think it's ready!
And that's me at 37 weeks! Getting more excited by the day! This past Tuesday my OBGYN thought we might be measuring about 2 weeks early, so I'm going in for a sonogram on Monday afternoon and my next OB appointment is on Tuesday morning again. So we'll see what size, position and possible date! I'll try to keep you updated...but to be honest...I'm hoping my next post consists of pictures of our sweet baby girl! Stay tuned! :D










No comments:
Post a Comment